John Andersen wrote:
On Monday 26 February 2007, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
This will probably spark some debates, but can someone point me to some
information that I can use to successfully challenge out IT department
concerning moving some Windows driven services to Linux (file, print and
email/collaboration).

An anti-FUD cheat-sheet if you like.

The only part of that debate you can't easily win is the much vaunted
"collaboration" services.
Interestingly, there is at least one firm developing products of this kind based on F/OSS. I don't think O3 spaces is F/OSS, though I couldn't find license information, just a price list.
http://o3spaces.org/Page/sp3/nctrue/index.html