Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Sylvester Lykkehus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [03-07-07 04:48]:
 [...]
<snip>

The 'session manager' defaults to the *last* 'desktop manager'
initiated.  In your case you started gnome, closed it and returned to
an already open kde.  I don't know how you would achieve your wishes
w/o opening another kde session *after* opening the gnome session.

Appears to be one of those 'cake and eat it' situations.

gud luk,

Hi Patrick,

That is exactly my problem, and indeed the 'workaround' I've been living with so far: open another KDE session after playing around in e.g. gnome, and before shutting down.

I would be happier though, if I could default it to something fixed, instead of the last used session.
Thanks for your reply anyway.

Best regards
Sylvester