Gordon Ross skrev:
Anders Norrbring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/03/2007 07:05 >>>
For a while, I just switched off ZMD. Then I decided to be a bit
cleverer. I altered the init script that starts zmd, and changed
the
start command line to be "/usr/bin/nice -n 19 ${ZMD_BIN}
$ZMD_OPTIONS"
Viola ! My quiet PC is now quiet, and my laptop now runs well at
start
up.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but of all 10.2 setups I've made, the zmd process always runs at nice level 19 "out of the box". I've checked
in
on about 50 installations now, and every one runs at 19, no edits
made...

I'm done this on 10.1 & 10.2 machines, and on both it makes a
significant different to startup performance..

I just don't understand *why* it should make a difference since zmd runs at 19 anyway? Have you spent any time finding out WHY?

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting