I've spent a good hour and an half looking for where ti get updates for my
OpenSUSE 10.2,

All that I can find is that "The current patches for openSUSEā„¢ are available
from an update software catalog. If you have registered your product during
the installation, an update catalog is already configured. If you have not
registered openSUSE, you can do so by running Software>Online Update
Configuration in YaST."
http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse102/index.html?page=/documentation/opensuse102/opensuse102_reference/data/book_opensuse_reference.html

I couldn't register when I installed because I wasn't connected to the
Internet.

Now, I don't have "Software>Online Update Configuration in YaST."

Google found me this:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse102/index.html?page=/documentation/opensuse102/opensuse102_startup/data/cha_y2_sw_instsource.html#cha_y2_sw_instsource

but I don't want to add GPhoto, I want to add an updates repo.

So, I went to my usual mirrors, planetmirror.com and some less official but
more local, and I don't see any updates accessible by HTTP - there didn't
seem to be any merit in researching the same mirrors with ftp.

Logically, this document should mention the updates repos and where to find
their mirrors:
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories

Can someone point me to the missing info, and even better, could someone with
update access to the wiki add the missing pointers there?

Updating the opensuse docs would be good too:-)

Thanks for your patience.