On Saturday 10 March 2007 22:34, M Harris wrote:
>         yikes...
>
>         ... well I'm gonna have to experiment with this a bit... would not
> be the first time I thought I understood something only to find out I still
> needed to understand it...   :-))   stand by...
        Andersen is correct...

        ... the client only moves to the second nameserver if the first is
unavailable... if the first cannot resolve the name ( but was available to do
the lookup ) then the name remains unresolved.

        rats.

        So, we're back to the first place... the servers must be identical
clones...
so that /var/lib/named looks the same for both servers... the zone
information is identical between the two.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><