Philippe Andersson wrote:
> Can anyone out there please help ?
>
> Any pointer to documentation explaining how to hack / customize the
> OpenSuSE installer would be welcome.

I am not sure whether this is of any help in your current situation, but
it might be worth a look:

http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/hvogel/Update-Media-HOWTO/

In old days, one could use a floppy disk to provide additional modules
at boot or installation time, respectively. You pointed out that your
system has no floppy drive - maybe SuSE has meanwhile implemented other
ways of providing additional modules. Unfortunately, I cannot answer
this question since I am still using an old version ;-) Maybe just boot
the installation medium and check what methods are available...

Cheers, Th.