Carlos E. R. skrev:

The Monday 2007-03-12 at 14:10 +0100, Anders Norrbring wrote:

I switched off the cert, no real need for it on the list account.. ;)

Thanks :-)

(I use a pgp sign because we had a chap impersonating people in the Spanish list to insult others; so I "have" to... but pgp is smaller).

I peeked in rc as well, and didn't think it looked a bit funny. Anyway,
I've made a small thing in /etc/inittab for now, just to test.

I edited the level 0 entry to look like this: l0:0:wait:/etc/haltit
where 'haltit' script contains first a call to stop VMware, then it calls
rc 0, seems to work.

Nice touch.

But what if I issue a 'halt' command on the command line, it calls
/sbin/halt - and I'm not sure if it uses inittab..

I think it does. It is not crystal clear looking at the man page, but it must do, because the several rc scripts are called to stop their respective services.

Verified, when using /sbin/halt, it makes use of the settings in inittab and consequently my little addition to it.. ;)