Am Montag, 12. März 2007 schrieb davidr:
> On Sunday 11 Mar 2007, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> > davidr wrote:
> > > The opensuseupdater icon always shows a yellow triangle, hovering over
> > > the icon reports
> > >
> > > error :
> > > helper program returned
> > > setuid operation not permitted
> > > forget to chmod this program?
> > >
> > > anyone any idea as to how to fix this?
> >
> > At least the error message is very helpful. :-)   You have chosen secure
> > for your security model instead of easy, which changes the permissions
> > of /usr/sbin/zypp-checkpatches-wrapper.  You need to add
> > "/usr/sbin/zypp-checkpatches-wrapper  root.root    4755" to your
> > /etc/permissions.local file (make sure you end this line with an enter,
> > i.e new line).  Then run SuSEconfig.  This makes the fix permanent,
> > otherwise the perms would be reset by SuSEconfig.
>
> I was wondering why it has stopped working... thanks for the explanation.

I am wondering, too.

On two machines I have installed the same zypper package (0.6.15-0.1).

On machine one the setuid bit is not set an machine two is set. On both
machines "rpm -V zypper" gives no messages.

Now I entered "chmod u+s /usr/sbin/zypp-checkpatches-wrapper" and "rpm -V
zypper" prints "/usr/sbin/zypp-checkpatches-wrapper should be root:root 0755.
(wrong permissions 4755)".

Where does this difference come from?

Cheers,
Herbert