On Mar 13, 07 08:56:40 -0500, Stevens wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I may try that later today to see if it works,

Don't hold your breath. It's absolutely unsure whether you're hitting
configuration issues or even hardware limitations. Don't know whether it
is worth the hassle.

> but i just found an nVidia MX-400 pci card (it works) and will be
> installing it, as I know that the -400 card works well with those apps.

This is probably the better idea :-)
About nobody is using Rage 128 any more, even Mach64 is better supported
(due to server mainboards).

> It has its own set of issues when the kernel is upgraded, but that is minor
> compared to the poor performance of the ATI card.

Agreed.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          [EMAIL PROTECTED]