Hi,

I have a Fujitsu Siemens "Mini RF.Mouse" wireless mouse connected to
my laptop via its own USB dongle. First I used "normal" 1,5V AAA-type
batteries and max. 2 weeks they were empty. Now I'm using rechargeable
1,2V AAAs (850mAh) and they last no longer than 10 days with 1-2 hrs
of daily work. The system is SUSE 9.1...

My question concerns the following: my brother uses the very same
type of mouse and his lasts on the Win* platform for 2-3 _months_
with daily 1-2 hrs of use. We tried to exchange mice, but they
behaviour the same, so likely no hardware is defected. How this huge
time difference is possible? We checked also the batteries, but maybe
the mouse background is also an important point. e.g. I use a pretty
white and almost flat plate now, where sometimes I see my pointer
shaking, without even touching the mouse. (This behaviour didn't
happen on the laptop of my brother, when using _my_ mouse &
background.)
In the case of my brother's laptop the USB ports are at the side
where he uses the mouse (right side), but my Acer has ports only on
the another, left side. Could that 15cm->40cm (~3x) make such decre-
ase in the battery life(s)?

Did anyone test the same mouse/battery combo on various SUSE rele-
ases? Was there some improvement visible? I would be interested
mainly in a comparison of 9.x and 10.x. The same question as arose
earlier, is anyone aware of a huge difference between Win* vs. SUSE?

Thanks for any comments/ideas to improve the lifetime of my batteries
and would also appreciate any weblink on this topic to have a general
idea, which kind of background would be the best, etc.

Thank you,
Pelibali