On 3/15/07, Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I want is a system that has a web browser that can display the
streaming videos included on many websites, including the different news
services like Reuters, ABC, CNN, etc at Yahoo.com and the trailers at
film.com. Basically the same functionality that a Windoes user would have
on the same websites.

Just add packmans repository, then install:
mplayer and mplayer-plugin
or vls and vls plugin
win32codecs (to add support for proprietary codecs)
then flash (there is 9.0 for linux already)

Whatever distro you choose, you will end up doing something similar,
i.e. using external repositories (besides ubunty, which has these
programs in their multiverse, but it has its quirks as well), and
installing win32codes and the players.

Some videos will not play, whichever distro you choose, as they use
some "bad"/proprietary codecs.

But I find the above solution to solve 99% of the problems.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.