Randall R Schulz wrote:
>> I routinely do this to any new machine, or any machine I've added RAM
>> to.  So far I haven't found any bad RAM in brand new computers, but I
>> *have* discovered bad RAM sold to me by computer stores.
>>

> Those bastards!
>
> Time to emptor their caveats!!

Most places I've dealt with have been good about exchanging defective
RAM.  Any place that isn't, doesn't get my business again.

RAM has become a cheap commodity, and like any cheap commodity the
quality varies widely.  It falls to to us users to test the components
we buy to make sure they're acceptable before putting them into use.