Ysgrifennodd Stevens:
In this part of the world the response is to say, "You are entitled to your opinion, no matter what I think of it." Of course, you can infer from that what I thought of your kind suggestion.

You have an odd concept of "polite". I have a problem with a process on this system, I am willing to work with someone one-on-one to solve the problem and any resolution can then be posted back to the list. To me, that is far more "polite" to the list than generating a lot of chatter and wasted bandwidth whilst solving the problem. If that is selfish and self-serving, then I stand guilty as charged.

Fred
Fred,

It's the chatter we come for. Some of us. I am reminded of a respected professor once saying to me by way of justifying lectures, "Young man, it is a privilege to hear great minds think!" I sort of regard this list like that. Except when I'm posting, of course.

:)

Peter