Hello dwain, hello community !

dwain wrote / schrieb:

> thanks to all who have responded to my inexperience and newbieness to
> linux.  i have configured updates, set to auto update and i have an
> update source.  i now have all of the latest patches and feel pretty
> good after the past four or five days of opensuse installation.

Good to hear !

> i could not have done it without all of your help.  thank you! thank
> you! thank you all!

You are welcome !

> now how do i get this os to see my usb thumb drive?

Probably you should open up a seperate thread with its own subject.
Nobody might find your new query here ...

> oh well, more sleepless nights; but more fun than a human being should have!

I see Linux as one of the most exciting online games around ... ;-)
--
Never give up !

Best regards / Gruß, Reinhard.

"Software is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."