Andreas Jaeger schreef:
Bas hendriks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Anders Norrbring schreef:
Per Jessen skrev:
Bas hendriks wrote:

I am building a vmware server with SuSe10.2/64 as host os.
The problem is that only 2 Gb ram is available in SuSe, while 4 Gb is
installed.
I think you need to use a kernel with support for 4Gb memory. Either
rebuild yourself, or find a suitable opensuse kernel.  (maybe a -bigsmp
version).

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Works perfectly fine for my 4 and 8 GB memory machines. Just plug in
the DVD and install, it chooses the right kernel automatically. In
my case on the 4GB box, uname -r
2.6.16.27-0.9-smp

Thanks for the reply's

The system wont boot with -bigsmp.

Bigsmp?  Are you running a 64-bit x86-64 kernel?  That one has no
bigsmp, just use the smp kernel (or on 10.2: The default one).

Andreas

I didn't understand the advice to run -bigsmp as i don't need PEA on i386_64 to address full memory (a specific 32bit way), but i didn't know if there where other difference between the kernel's and i guessed that on a 64bit system the packet manager (YaST) only made 64bits kernel's available.

As warned before: I'm farly new to SuSe/linux ;-)

I'll try i386_32 with PEA now.

--
Bas Hendriks - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 0485 578979

CYBOX internet & Communicatie
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.cybox.nl - 0485 471774