On Tuesday 20 March 2007 12:51, David Brodbeck wrote:
> James Wright wrote:
> > What do you mean 'to a SonicWall firewall'?  I can use http or https to
> > connect to a SonicWall firewall.  Maybe you mean through a SonicWall
> > firewall to a PC/Server behind the firewall?  If so, just set up the
> > appropriate port forwarding to the machine behind the firewall (which may
> > need a static IP). Your remote laptop should not require a static IP.
>
> I think you missed the word "VPN" in my original message. We have a VPN
> set up for remote access to our main office network, via the SonicWall's
> IPSEC capability.  I'd like to connect to it from a laptop running
> Linux, instead of having to boot into Windows 2000.

I caught the VPN part, where exactly is the issue?  I have used IBM's emulator
to access an AS400 behind a SonicWall with both Linux and Windows (mostly
Linux though), as well as VPN to a Windows Server 2003 domain.  Does the
SonicWall log show that your VPN attempts with Linux are being blocked, or
are you having trouble setting up VPN with Linux?

- James W