In general I would STRONGLY suggest that you do NOT do this....
however... if your bent on doing it -- do it at your own risk.

Before making any changes BACKUP any files you might be editing.

Local user accounts are stored in:  /etc/passwd
copy the root line.....paste it back in right under the original root
line....changing the "root" to "whatever" in that second line will
give you a second user with UID 0 ...thus allowing root access to
everything as well. If you have shadow passwords enabled (most people
seem too) then open up /etc/shadow .....do the same thing again...
copy the root line, paste it underneath...changing "root" to
"whatever" again.  Log in with your "whatever" screen name, and change
your password so it's not the same as the original root password.
Having 2 users with UID 0 can I believe cause some issues with
ownership of files ...... so , don't say I didn't warn you.

Crouse
Site Admin
OpenSuse.us