On Wednesday 21 March 2007 09:18:25 am dwain wrote:
> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-01-70 11:34]:
> >> * dwain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [03-20-07 18:12]:

> >> You might want to touch hands with Pascal Bleser <guru at unixtech dot
> >> be> as he is currently providing Inkscape rpms for openSUSE.
> >>
> >> Name        : inkscape                     Relocations: (not
> >> relocatable) Version     : 0.45                              Vendor:
> >> (none)
> >> Release     : 1.guru.suse101                Build Date: Mon 05 Feb 2007
> >> 10:47:36 AM EST Install Date: Tue 06 Feb 2007 07:56:01 PM EST      Build
> >> Host: hera.lan Group       : Productivity/Graphics/Vector Editors
> >> Source RPM: inkscape-0.45-1.guru.suse101.src.rpm Size        : 143862159
> >>                        License: GPL
> >> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 05 Feb 2007 10:48:36 AM EST, Key ID
> >> af734c5a58857177 Packager    : Pascal Bleser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> URL         : http://www.inkscape.org
> >> Summary     : Inkscape Vector Illustration Program
> >
> > and an update was issued this morning:
> >   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> thanks, but i'm not on a 64 bit system.  my hardware is so old (how old
> is it?

I'm curious how many people on this list actually will get that reference. :)

> ) i'm running, if you can call this running, a p3 450mhz processor
> and 768mb ram.  sure it's slow, but i don't have anywhere to go any time
> soon. ;^)
>
> dwain

Look into Checkinstall. Though something like Inkscape will be updated for
both 64-bit system and 32-bit systems, you can always roll your own using
checkinstall.

http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

Since I'm on a 32-bit system, there are 32-bit versions.

I've used it quite successfully, and I'm a pointy-haired manager.

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos
http://www.grassfire.org/142/petition.asp