On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 18:17 -0600, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> Livio,
>
> I have been looking for an scanner for almost a month. My first approach
> was to print a list of the scanners supported by sane. Well most of them
> are old and discontinue models with very few exceptions. Furthermore
> more and more companies are trying to get into the linux business and
> are producing proprietary drivers (which is great). Well here few points
> that may help you.
>
> 1. Epson has always been seen as a linux friendly. Besides they produce
> high quality scanners. Some of the newer scanner are supported by sane
> and all of them are supported by their proprietary drivers. To be on the
> safe side I choose the Epson 4990 Photo. This is a very high quality
> scanner only surpass by the V-700.

Hi,

I got myself the Perfection V-100 for 109 Euro 2 weeks ago. It is very
slimline and works well. Epson drivers installed and it worked like a
charm.

I also have the Epson C1100 ColourPrinter, also drivers from
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html

Almost all Epson scanners work. There is a list, not totally up to date
at http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

:-)
Al