I have the same problem using the adp94xx driver on my supermicro X7DA3. I
would like to use it without raid. So I tried to compile the module as
described in this
thread:http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=25082
 BUT I get the error that scsi_request.h is missing. (And therefore some
other stuff..)

When I try to remove scsi_request.h from the source as was suggested for
the raid
driver the driver still does not compile as it is missing sr_magic in
scsi_cmnd....

Did anyone sucessfully compile the driver under Opensuse 10.2? (default
kernel)

I tried also the raid driver, but then I get an alarm on all empty drive
bays...If this
can be solved then I could probably also use the raid driver...

Would be thankfull for any help!!

ude6