On Friday 23 March 2007 06:21, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Friday 2007-03-23 at 00:22 -0400, Bob S wrote:
> > After sending off the reply to you I did some more investigation.
> > When trying to decrypt my files I get a message that it cannot
> > locate my "secret key".  Where is that located???
>
> ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
> ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg    <<-- secret.
>
> If you overwrite it, you destroy any other secret keys you may have
> created. You need to import it, meaning you have to export it first
> from 10.0
>
> There might be something also in ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/

Nothing in that file.

Thanks for replying Carlos, That did it......somewhat...... What I did
was rename those two files in 10.2 and then import the files from 10.0
Then it seemed as though I was able to decrypt the files.   Except that
they did not show up anywhere. In other words, I clicked on the file, it
asked me for the password, which I then gave, it accepted it and then
the decrypted file never appeared.

Is there another config file or something that tells gpg what to do with
the decrypted file.

Bob S.