On Monday 26 March 2007 06:10:23 pm David Brodbeck wrote:
> I decided, after reading this thread, to give it another shot.  I
> installed wine and winetools off Packman and tried to go through the
> winetools setup procedure.  A lot of the setup options in winetools
> crashed with debugger messages.  I almost got Internet Explorer 6 to run
> on my laptop this way -- it installed, but running it just gave me a
> blank window.  I tried it on my desktop and couldn't even get a 'fake
> Windows drive' created that winetools thought was valid.

I've never installed Wine. I've successfully installed CrossOver office on
multiple machines.

If you want just IE - and various plugins, you can use IES4Linux, which is an
embedded Wine version with the ability to install plugins...

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

Example of a site I did with the Whip! plugin (back when I was stupid) running
IES4Linux on my laptop:
http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2007/20070316_ies4linux_sbcounty.jpg
--
kai