On Tuesday 27 March 2007 12:31:36 pm Reinhard Gimbel wrote:
> Hello Fred, hello community !
>
> Satoru Matsumoto wrote / schrieb:
> > Fred A. Miller wrote:
> >> Why hasn't SUSE finally gotten with the program and made OO 2.1 an
> >> upgrade install via Yast, Smart, etc.?
> >
> > You can find newest SUSE-custumized OOo packages under
> > http://software.opensuse.org/download/OpenOffice.org/ directory.
> > So, add appropriate(depends on your SUSE version) directory to your YaST
> > or Smart install source.
>
> In other words: There will be no automatic upgrade to a newer version
> (with advanced features) but bug fixes (updates) only.
>
> If you are looking for an upgrade of a certain software you always have
> to add other installation repositories beside the original installation
> repo.

Correct, but then, that was what I was "digging" at. This is wrong, IMHO.
Newbies coming from MickySoft have NO idea about how to add a repository nor
even why they should have to. Come to think of it........that's a good
point. ;)

Fred

--
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson