> > Don't buy this!  My experience with HP notebooks over the last three years
> > (even in Windows) with clients has been consistently bad enough that I
> > feel I need to tell people to avoid it.  Rather get an Acer - they cost
> > about the same and seem to be far better quality hardware and more Linux
> > friendly.
> I know that my comment below may be considered bad netiquette..., but I
> couldn't have said it any better!
> hear, hear...

Here Here;  have half a dozen HP laptops, various models... I'd never
buy an HP.  And these run XP.

Toshiba or Thinkpad,  the only two I can recommend.  I've never met an
Acer, so I can't comment on previous recommendations (I hope they are
good since they are so tantelizingly inexpensive).

Adam Tauno Williams
Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com
Developer - http://www.opengroupware.org