On Wednesday 28 March 2007 10:55:39 am A. den Oudsten wrote:
> > If this all doesn't work, then you need to go into YaST and check your
> > sound settings there. We can revisit if needed.
>
> Tried all you suggested, with no results.
> In Yast I see still KT266 onboardsound is default and the driver is
> snd-via82xx.
>
> Any other sugestions?

ATM, no.

However, let's check a few things. I've deleted your original post, so bear
with me if you've already answered my questions.

1. You can hear normal system sounds, right?

2. Can you play sound (ogg, wav, mp3) files in any other player?

3. You pressed, "play", right? :P

4. Is the Amarok volume turned up? Over on the right-side of the playlist
window there's a volume slider. It has nothing whatsoever to do with your
master volume and needs to be turned up as well. (This is similar to WinAmp,
which I use on expee.)