On Wednesday 28 March 2007 16:04, Richard Bos wrote:

> it's hogging my system.  Sometimes my desktop just hangs for 30 seconds or
> more!
> Another annoyance is that it runs
> with the highest priority possible, while (as it is a background) process
> should run with a very low prority.  After I removed beagle all this is
> gone, and as kde comes with its own desktop search function, there is no
> desire on my side for beagle.

Beagle is not alone, the update of manpages is also tax on computer..

Someone came on idea to run few processes that use hard disk heavily at
startup which gives very bad image of openSUSE.

I'm asking myself how many users ditched openSUSE when after installation it
was slow. I know how to see what is the reason, and stop processes, but 99%
of new users will be just disappointed and go away.

The bad joke is continuing with 10.3 alpha.

Is it indexing of any kind that important to make first experience with SUSE
poor as it can be.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal