Rajko M. wrote:

> It is:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Zmd
>
> and it is not necessary, since YaST is doing for years all that zmd should do
> for individual user, but without hogging resources on smaller machines, ie.
> without problems :-)
>
> Install opensuseupdater if you want notifications about security updates.
> I wanted.
>
> Than remove zmd, zen-updater, zen-installer, zen-remover and rug.

There is one (1) aspect of zen that I DO like. There are certain
packages that I use that do not come from SuSE sources, Gramps for one.
Yast can't seem to install from my Download Directory since about 10.0.
It won't accept it as an install source at all. If I right click on it
there are two (2) "Open With" > "Install Software" things to choose
from.  The second one will do a VERY good job of installing the
software. The first one doesn't do much of anything as far as I can tell.

If I click on the RPM in Konqueror it, I guess, opens to another thing
with two boxes at the top. One says "Install With Yast" and the other
says to make it an install source. OK, Install With Yast - Yes - "No
source available". In 9.X [ whatever I was using ] Yast worked just fine
for installing things like Gramps from my Download Directory. Never
argued one bit.

In this one instance Yast does not do as well as zen. In every other
instance Yast is far superior to zen and Smart [ rather more like STUPID
IMHO ].

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh