On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 21:07 +0100, David Miller wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2007 08:48:58 pm Regis Matejcik wrote:
> > After following the recent thread about dolphin/konqueror file managers,
> > I installed Krusader, and really like it.
> >
> > My questions are:
> >
> > 1. Can Krusader be installed as the default file manager in KDE. That
> > is, when I click on a file icon, it open in Krusader?
> >
> > 2. If it's possible to do so, is there a downside to making this change
> > that I'm overlooking?
>

> kcontrol > kde components > file associasions
>
> under inode, change directory and system_directory to krusader.
>
> i'm not aware of any downsides to making the change.
>
> Hope that helps :)
>

> > thanks,
> >
> > Regis
> --
> Best Regards,
> David Miller

Thanks David,

 I changed directory and system_directory.

Now, when I click a folder icon, Krusader tries to launch, that is it
appears on the bottom application tool bar with the spinning hour glass,
but it never opens.

I tried removing Konqueror from the association list.  (I guess I
thought maybe there was some kind of conflict)  It still behaves the
same.

Krusader and Konqueror still open fine from the application menu.

Any suggestions?

Regis