I am hoping that someone out there can point me in the right direction to get
my graphics card working in SuSE 10.2

I have followed instructions to try to get 3D running on the card but with no
success.

I have done some background reading from google and it appears, and please
correct me if I am wrong here, that ATI no longer offer drivers/support for
this card under linux, specifically Xorg 7.2, and then I am not too sure if
this is a suSE issue or other distributions work fine.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or if there is no way around, a good
graphics card to replace this card, similar in performance to this card. I
would rather not do this, but if this is the only way, then so be it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Peter

You better look for some nVidia card. Their drivers were always
better, and their support as well. you are lucky that you can replace
the card, I can't on my laptop, so now no 3D for me with 10.2.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.