Bob Ewart wrote:
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
I have just upgraded my linux machine to a 64 bit AMD CPU and openSUSE
10.2.

As a result of the upgrade I find it necessary for me to compile (or
recompile for the 64 bit machine) several programs that are quite
important for my research.

The problem is that the 64 bit gcc distribution doesn't include g77,
which unfortunately is essential.  In attempting to compile gcc (I
actually did that for a 32 bit machine some years ago now, mainly by
pure dumb luck and great assistance from users).

I have run into a problem with my attempt to compile the src. The
compile runs for quite awhile until I get the following error message:

'In file included from /usr/include/features.h:346,
                 from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                 from ../../gcc/system.h:90,
                 from ../../gcc/crtstuff.c:68:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or
directory
make[4]: *** [32/crtbegin.o] Error 1'

/usr/lib/gnu contains stubs-64.h and stubs-h but no stubs-32.h.

I have two questions:
1.  Is there a compiled version of the complete gcc distribution that I
can install?
2.  In which package in the 64bit 10.2 distribution will I find the
missing file?

Thanks in advance.

1.  Don't know about question 1, but compat-g77 will add g77.
2.  gnu/stubs-32.h is in glibc-devel-32bit.

Thanks, I installed the missing header file(s) and it's compiling as I compose this message. compat-g77 was available via YAST. Is there a compile invocation for those files?

Again, many thanks.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry                Stochastic and multivariate