> You haven't done a short/long/ test recently: those seems to be two short
> tests made by the computer installer (at 1 hour of age). So, do a short
> test, then a long one. You can continue using your computer somewhat
> during the test, but it's better you stop all disk intensive activities,
> even things like mail fetching if possible, or it will take way longer to
> test. When finished, read the results again.
>
> Tricks: Writing to the bad sector will trigerg remapping it. You can
> detect them all by copying all sectors to /dev/null with dd.
>
> > Warning! SMART Selective Self-Test Log Structure error: invalid SMART
> > checksum.
>
> Dunno. Run those tests first.

Here we are. Short test completed without error whereas the long one
shows a read failure error.

smartctl version 5.37 [i686-suse-linux-gnu] Copyright (C) 2002-6 Bruce Allen
Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining
LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       60%
2121         38168578
# 2  Short offline       Completed without error       00%
2121         -
# 3  Short offline       Completed without error       00%
1         -
# 4  Short offline       Completed without error       00%
0         -