On Wednesday 04 April 2007, John Pierce wrote:
> or grins we allowed my wifes to boot into vista,
> 20 minutes later we got to the first semi-useable desktop, we still
> had alot of configuration to do.

On the other side, I configured a Core 2 Duo Dell 9200 2 gig ram for
a friend.  It booted in less than 3 minutes the first time, obtained its
IP from the router with out asking TOO MANY times if it was ok
to do so, Connected to MS and installed pending upgrades.

While it was doing the upgrades I showed him how to stream
classical music from di.fm and we installed his printer, shared
it with his XP machine, and had a beer.  Alaskan Winter Ale.

All updates finished before the printer was finished installing
and 10 minutes after the power cord hit the wall he was installing
Quake 4.

I can't imagine what is taking you guys 20 minutes.

Am I trading in my Suse?  Not on your life.