Hello:

I did some troubleshooting and found that "allow scripts to
change images"  checkbox under Preferences/Advanced/Scripts
& Plug-ins was disabled.  After reenabling it the problem
disappeared.

I usually disable all of these scripting options both in firefox
and seamonkey. As in firefox there is no checkbox for disabling
"allow scripts to change images" the problem did not appear in
firefox.

I can't see how this is related to the menu links, though.

Thanks again,
IG