On 4/6/07, dwain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pentium 3  450Mhz and the chip set is Intel4408BX AGP

Then it's probably an  ATA/33 drive controller.  It should support the
newer drives up to 120GB, but you won't get the full speed out of
them.  You could try a PCI IDE controller, or look for a SATA
drive/controller combo.  I installed a 400GB SATA drive and controller
in my Dual P3/Xeon 500Mhz system, and it make a good bit of
difference.  Though my chipset is a 440GX, which supports ATA/66.

I looked at the boot.msg; it was pretty much Greek to me.  Somethings I
could figure out, but for the most part, when I read it I just went, huh?

No problem.  I remember those days.  If you want, send it to me as an
attachment(off list), and I will decode the info for you.  I can
pretty much tell anything you need to know about a system by reading
that file these days.