Hi!

I have a Dell OEM (Sound Blaster! Live 5.1) on my computer, and Yast says it's
working just fine, it even plays some music when i press test.
The problem is that even though yast says it's working, nothing makes a sound
in my computer (for example when i log in, log out, etc), and when i try to
listen to some music on Real player for example, i get a message that says:

"Error
Not able to open sound device.
Possibly under use by some other application"

This reminds me to the problem I had. With 9.3 my Soundblaster worked
fine, from 10.0 on it wasn't working anymore. It was a Creatvie
Soundblaster live player 1024. Nobody could help me.

Is it module emu10k1? Is it working until you logged on/off once? Does
(after logging in with no sound) "rcalsasound reload" brings it back?
Is sound playing if you go to real console (I thing aplay or aplayer
does it) while running X (the Strg+Alt+Fx thing)? Do you have a error
similar to this:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2005-12/msg00139.html?

I never made it. Finally I threw the card away.