Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, jdd wrote:

jdd wrote:

When I plug an usb device on the rear plugs, the computer freezes
immediately, with not keyboard, no mouse (don't know for the net, this one
is not networked, but chance is this would not do anything).

there are no messages at all in /var/log/messages.

I I plus the device _before_ switching on, all is nice and works (and I can
plugin other device too).

any idea? I suspect a HardWare problem, but who knows?

Switch to the screen with kernel messages (console 10, I think) _before_
plugging it in.

nothing at all... the computer freezes immediately

and dmesg say (at boot) usbcore, uhci_hcd, usb1 (normal, hub 2 ports)

AFAIK the devices I own a usb1 compatible (and I just tried with a stricltly usb1 device, same result)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur