[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed 11 Apr 2007 11:05, Matthew Stringer wrote:
>> I've decided that enough is enough and that
>> my next machine will be SUSE only rather than dual booting.
>
>  - VirtualBox will allow you to run XP + what MS stuff you need on a
> Guest Virtual Machine
>

>  have a Good Day

Well I disagree with the above answer.  He is not asking how to run a
Windows XP application, he is asking how to do what he did in Windows on
Linux.  Your answer is for the wrong question.  Albeit a fine answer.

Matthew,

Both KDE and Gnome (and if someone would answer this with the way to do it
in XFCE I would be happy) give you a menu item that says "switch user".
It allows for the same functionality that you get in Windows XP, being
able to log in as a different user on the same machine.

Alternatively, CNTRL-ALT-F# (where # is 2-6) will give you an alternative
console, text mode initially, where you should be able to log in and then
start a desktop session.

Alternatively, alternatively, you could su to the other user in a console
session, start a vncserver session, and then start a "remote desktop"
client and connect to that session, without having to leave yours at all.
And that would give you the ability to connect up to those sessions from
any other machine (if you have them) in the house.

There are probably some other methods you could use.  I believe I would
recommend the "Swtich User" option as the easiest.

HTH.

Michael