> How to share RW entire hard disk? (like Win98 or XP)

Not surprising, I do not not let Yast anywhere my Samba config, has a
bad habit of removing the bits it does not know about, and re-organising
the rest. I am not too sure whether you are using XP home edition or
Professional, Home edition only does workgroups .... badly!.

I would spend some time reading the SAMBA HowTo anyway. The problem is
probably in the mapping between XP accounts and samba accounts, but not
knowing the version of XP in use cannot comment further. I suspect there
are no workgroup accounts so everyone is getting as guest  with ro rights.

Well, I have XP Pro - but I use it as XP Home (no user, no password,
full RW access, simple sharing)

Is there any simple GUI to share my hard disk ("/") in RW mode,
without user/password, without Domains and all the bull....?
I want it to "just work". (like Win95/98/XP Home does)

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"