On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:05 +0100, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Wed, April 11, 2007 17:54, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >> I have records with the date in DD-MM-YYYY, but mysql wants them in
> >> YYYY-MM-DD. Is there anyway of changing Mysql's format?
> > I don't EVER use MySQL;
> Please don't make a statement like that without explaining why.

This list is not the appropriate place to debate the relative merits of
various RDBMS.

This preface was to indicate that this is not a suggestion from specific
experience.  But the locale is always the first thing I would check on
any RDBMS regarding something like date format - it is what *SHOULD* be
the controlling factor.

>  I can
> think of a few reasons, but I don't know everything and I'm sure more
> people on this list would now why.

Adam Tauno Williams
Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com