From: "Jonathan Ervine"
Stuart wrote:
Jose,

I installed from source pulled from kernel.org. I don't know if there are rpms anywhere for this.

There is always kernel of the day (kotd) on software.opensuse.org - I've
just looked and it seems it's up to 2.6.21-rc6 at the moment, which
might be a bit 'raw' for your needs. But it does come in handy RPM
format :-)

http://software.opensuse.org/download/Kernel:/

Jon

Jon,

How do I find out if the 2.6.16 kernel on opensuse.org contains the [dri] i915 kernel module version 1.3 or greater? I would like to do a rpm kernel install if possible. Where can I check the version of the i915 kernel module in 2.6.16?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street