Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> /usr/sbin/rcsysstat start
> chkconfig sysstat on

Thanks for those. You saved me time.

> Sar has been around since dirt, there are lots of docs floating around.

I remember being vaguely aware of it a long time ago. I was surprised to
find that neither sar nor sysstat turn up in the SuSE help center
(including the admin manual) and don't appear in YaST's run-level editor
(except when you change to Expert mode sysstat miraculously appears)

> Start in file:/usr/share/doc/packages/sysstat/

There's not much there but there is a link to the sysstat homepage so
that's all I need :)

Thanks, Dave