Ysgrifennodd Darryl Gregorash:
On 2007-04-12 12:36, Peter Bradley wrote:
<snip>

It's now installed, but useless because it's always deactivated.   For
example I couldn't use it to reply to this mail.  It doesn't seem to
know that this is a list.

Or am I missing something else blindingly obvious.
You also need either mnenhy or enigmail. The "official reason" for this
has something to do with the degree of difficulty in parsing headers.
Since that is already done in both of those other extensions, the author
apparently saw no need to reinvent the wheel.

I'm obviously having a bad day :(

When I do Tools -> Extensions in TBird, it opens a dialog and I click on the "Get more extensions" link: but this opens FF, so when I find the extension I want, it tries to install it in FF, which is not what I want, and doesn't work anyway.

How can I get it to just download it.

Forgive me.  I think it's my day for being terminally thick.

Peter