On Friday 13 April 2007 05:31, Per Qvindesland wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Sorry but I really need some help from someone that is more
> knowledgeable within hardware then me, I just just assembled the
> machine with a intel core 2 processor but when I turn on the machine
> the system fan turn on also the cpu fan but then it turns off and
> start up again with the same results, it goes in a loop, can anyone
> please help me out?

Do I understand you to be saying that just the fan cycles on and off, or
is it the whole system?

On one system I'm familiar with, a similar symptom (except that it
doesn't go on forever) occurs when one configures overclocking
parameters (CPU or RAM timings, multipliers or clock speeds) that don't
permit even a some system operation. When such a circumstance is
detected, the BIOS performs a momentary power-down and then restarts
with default speed and timing parameters so you can go in an change
your too-aggressive chipping.

Could this be related to what you're seeing?

By the way, you say there's no error beeps. Perhaps this board has a
numeric on-board error condition indicator (typically a two-digit,
seven-segment LED display)? If so, did you check the code it shows?

> Kind regards
> Per Qvindesland

Randall Schulz