On Saturday 14 April 2007, Graham Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, dwain wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 April 2007, Graham Smith wrote:
> > > Open a terminal (konsole) and run the following command
> > > whereis nmbd
> > > you should get
> > > nmbd: /usr/sbin/nmbd /usr/share/man/man8/nmbd.8.gz
> >
> > i did this and received exactly what you said.  where do i go from here
> > to set up the network so my win boxes can see my computer.  in yast under
> > windows domains i don't see any computers near me.
> >
> > i'm really trying hard to get this, and also trying not to get real
> > frustrated.  i like the challange, but it's beginning to wear me down for
> > the day.
> >
> > i think i can handle one more reply for the night and then i need to get
> > some rest.
> >
> > thanks for the help.
> >
> > dwain
>
> In the terminal switch to root using su -
> then run
> rcnmb restart
> you should see something like
> Shutting down Samba NMB daemon                                        done
> Starting Samba NMB daemon                                             done
>
> and it may be best to run
> rcsmb restart
> you should see something like
> Shutting down Samba SMB daemon                                        done
> Starting Samba SMB daemon                                             done
>
> to check to see if they are running
> rcnmb status
> you should see
> Checking for Samba NMB daemon
> running and
> rcsmb status
> you should see
> Checking for Samba SMB daemon
> running

 did it all and received the results you said.

i'm going to bed, but i'll be at this set up tomorrow some time.

moochas gracious for the walk through.  this is pretty tough.  what a lesson.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford    P.O. Box 145    Winfield, Alabama  35594
telephone:  205.487.2570        cellphone:  205.495.5619