The Tuesday 2007-04-17 at 21:00 +0200, Sandy Drobic wrote:

> >  /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
> >      [EMAIL PROTECTED]            username:password
> >      bar.com                     username
> >      [mail.myisp.net]            username:password
> >      [mail.myisp.net]:submission username:password
>
> Looks a bit weird. I once had sender_dependent_relayhost_maps working, but
> it didn't look like that.

I'm starting to understand it :-)

> > Now, I can't make head or tails of that brief explanation; perhaps there
> > is another file that explains it in more detail, but meanwhile I'm stuck.
> >
> > My problem is thus:
> >
> > I normally use my own postfix (on a dynamic IP) to send everywhere.
> > Sometimes it is rejected, and then I send via a relay. And then I have new
> > problems: none of my mail account provider accept emails if the "from"
> > address in the email is not one of theirs!
>
> In that case you need to use sender_dependent_relayhost_maps. Usually
> Postfix decides the relayhost respectively the nexthop based on the
> recipient address. In case of sender_dependent_relayhost_maps the nexthop
> is chosen by the sender address.
>
> This is probably what you need here.

Interesting!

But...

> > ]: > smtp.telefonica.net[213.4.149.66]: MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > SIZE=1000 BODY=8BITMIME AUTH=<>
> > ]: > smtp.telefonica.net[213.4.149.66]: RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > ORCPT=rfc822;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > ]: > smtp.telefonica.net[213.4.149.66]: DATA
> > ]: < smtp.telefonica.net[213.4.149.66]: 553 MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > domain not accepted
> >
> > It doesn't even ask for authentification, and my IP is from telefonica.net
> > at the moment. I know that this will give rise to some eyebrows, but it is
> > an unfortunate fact.
>
> Auth should have happened before mail from.

I believe they do it on purpose :-(

Worse, all Spanish ISP's and mail accounts I have do the same, meaning I
can't relay any of my redirector addreses like sourceforge or ieee.

> > Is this possible? I don't know, because I don't understand how postfix
> > supports "per-sender" password information.
> >
> > perhaps it means:
>
> That's it. For the sender address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" you need to set up
> two settings:
>
> sasl_passwd:
> >      [EMAIL PROTECTED]            username:password
>
> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_relayhosts
>
> /etc/postfix/sender_relayhosts:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [relayhost]

But... I have a doubt. Will that relayhost be used for all mail sent from
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or only to those destinations in the transport file?

Meaning, I want to send all my email direct, except to those destinations
I define in the transport file which sould use a relay choosed on the from.

Alternatively, send always via relay defined in sender_relayhosts, except
to some destinations I want to send direct.

> By the way, I don't know if your ISP deleted my direct mail to you or
> shoved it into the spamfolder or whatever, but I sent you a private mail
> to tell you that you posted your auth data... :-/

Got it, thanks. :-)

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.