> It's been a while since I wanted to do this, but what's the
> best way to convert a WAV file to .mp3? FYI, am running
> Suse 10.2.

man sox

A while back I used to have a 'plug-in' for Konqueror.  I could
right-click on any audio file, and convert it to pretty much any other
format.  Beats using sox any day for people who are intimidated by the
command line and sox's "grotty" command line options.  For the life of
me I cannot find the Konqueror component, or remember what it was
called.  Anyone know the one I'm talking about?  It is a more
new-user-friendly solution than sox at the CLI.

C.