On 4/18/07, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matthew Stringer wrote:
> True SCP is preferable but I have users running a Win32 program that
> only uses FTP so I can't use SFTP or SCP or anything else here. All
> machines are on the internet, no NAT'ing or internal networks here.

Any chance you can get them to use WinSCP?  It's a fairly user-friendly
Windows SCP/SFTP/FTP client.
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

First -- Can't you see the text that you quoted from the OP? His users
have *some win32 app* that uses FTP -- my guess is he means that the
win32 app has an ftp process built into it..

Second -- I prefer to point people to filezilla, as it is published
under the GPL - winscp is not:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

works great, easy to use -- all the advantages of winscp and GPL, too

Peter

--
"Do not be idolatrous or bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology,
even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not

www.the-brights.net