On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 09:02 +0200, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> Onsdag 18 april 2007 08:27 skrev Tommy Lim KW:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any free and good DVD ripping software for Suse 10.2?  Recommend
> > please...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tommy

Depends on whether you just want to rip to hard drive or then also burn
to a dvd for playing on standard TV.  If the latter, then there are a
few options with my own personal opinion/review of each:

vobcopy - it's too hard for me. But, it may work when other applications
refuse to rip, but doesn't go far enough to create a playable dvd
without bringing in other apps to create the right file structure.

Xdvdshrink - easy to use, but flawed.  For me, it often fails without
good reason and I could never get it to to do multi-episode copies, even
though it claims that is one of its benefits.

dvd:rip - this is by far the most comprehensive app. for this purpose
and has lots of features and capabilities. Sadly, it is all too complex
for me and I could never get it to do what it promised. It certainly is
not a 'quick' solution to the task, because multiple steps are needed.

Having tried all of those, the one that has given me the greatest EASE
and SUCCESS is k9copy - http://k9copy.sourceforge.net/
It's simply great and rarely fails in its work. There is a binary
package built for suse for easy installation that you can get via
'smart' from either the packman or guru repositories.

Gavin