On Thu April 19 2007, M Harris scratched these words onto a coconut
shell, hoping for an answer:
> On Thursday 19 April 2007 16:35, Jan Karjalainen wrote:
> > My mother hates lizards, she freaks out when she sees a pic of a
> > real lizard on my SUSE desktop!  :-)
>
>       My wife too...
>
>       ... the kids and I all have the "real" chameleon wallpaper (its got
> to the the coolest desktop ever) and mom just can't see past it...
 So put a bunny, or kitten, or some other thing that mom can love on her
DT, after all, she gets to decorate her desktop too, no? ( pictures of
teh grandkids will do it for some ;-)   ) Once she gets the idea that
there are few "do it by gawd, because I SAID to (do it) in linux, after
all most of us still have the Kmenu ( w/ "k" instead of lizard on it),
for other reasons than cute. I find it more friendly, I have a buddy
for whom the new Suse lizard menu is just absolutely the only way to
go.. <shrug> if you  have a small enough group of folks you need to
maintain.. give em what makes em happy.

I know for a fact a lot of folks I keep running just figured out they
don't have Windows any more.. , most are happy... the rest don't care
as long as it works ...

I've lived in the real world enough, we're all here because we ain't all
there.