Johannes Meixner wrote:
[...]
> I like HP very much because it is one of the few printer
> manufacturers which do really support Linux.

Indeed, they see this as a business opportunity where most others
terribly fail, e.g. lexmark, epson and canon inkjet printers or allinones.

> In particular regarding Lexmark there is a big difference
> if a Lexmark inkjet printer or a laser printer is used, see
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/LinuxSupportByPrinterVendors
> "Lexmark Optra Division" versus "Lexmark JetPrinters".

Yes, sorry for being unclear.
I indeed have VERY GOOD experiences with Lexmark Optra named Laser
Printers that usually are very high quality, not directly cheap, network
connected and postscript enabled. Working greatly on Linux, iSeries...
you name it. They also have a great reliability and support track record
with me, as well.

So I would clearly only avoid inkjets from them, if Linux is your concern.

kind regards
Eberhard